A study published by Deloitte reports that better patient experience is associated with better profitability for healthcare providers.
Today, more and more healthcare providers prioritize improving their patient experience to meet the demands of the industry. Furthermore, patients are becoming better informed, much more mobile, and adept at using technology. They expect healthcare providers to be able to feed them with information whenever and however they want it using the communication channels they prefer. They also expect the same level of digitalization and customer experience they get from other industries such as retail, banking, and transportation.
These factors are raising the bar for the healthcare industry and challenging providers to vastly improve their patient-provider relationship and communications. Providers are thus turning to technology to expand their communication channels and reach patients through voice, text messages, email, and web and mobile applications, among others.
However, with the persistent shortage of nurses and healthcare professionals, any initiatives to improve patient-provider relationships and communication can be a challenge to implement. This is where automation can help.
Automating key areas of patient-provider communications such as registration (including pre-registration and post-registration), patient notification, and even overall patient engagement can help healthcare providers keep up with the ever-changing demands of patients. For example:
- Enabling remote patient registration allows patients and providers to collaborate prior to actual visits. This allows patients to indicate their concerns which providers can examine beforehand. Furthermore, this reduces the instances of patients’ failing to mention other things that are ailing them, improving the satisfaction they get from their providers’ care. Coupled with EHR and CRM integrations, healthcare providers can examine their patients’ medical histories prior to the visit and provide even better care, thus greatly improving their relationship.
- The automation of patient data recording and medical history reduces errors due to carelessness, fatigue, and other human factors. These errors can lead to misdiagnosis, ineffectiveness of healthcare provided, and even to complications and death. Eliminating these errors can significantly improve the quality of healthcare and the trust given by patients to their providers.
- Automating medication adherence – that is, reminding and informing patients to take their medicines – can lead to better patient healing and recovery, and thus, to total healthcare provision. According to a report, $300 billion are spent annually on health conditions that are due to non-adherence. The constant reminder and communication can not only help patients on their way to recovery, but also improve the patient-provider relationship.
- The automation of administrative tasks can also enable healthcare professionals to provide care instead of getting caught up with menial and repetitive tasks. This can lead to better workforce engagement and, thus, better engagement with patients.
- With the widespread use of wearable devices and mobile apps with health monitoring functions, patients are becoming more informed and proactive regarding their health. By collecting medical data automatically from these apps and devices, healthcare providers can take advantage of patients’ interest in health, easily engage with patients, and collaborate with them in creating a health program or coming up with appropriate care.
Using automation, healthcare providers can meet the expectations of their patients in providing responsive and highly-personalized care.
Automating healthcare organizations
PositiveEdge helps healthcare organizations by building technology solutions that enable them to stay ahead of the competition. Our Business Intelligence and Automation offerings can transform medical data into valuable assets through actionable insights. It gives healthcare professionals the capacity to broaden their self-service capabilities in order to reduce the time it takes to prepare medical data for analysis.
PositiveEdge has helped healthcare organizations automate patient lead management, patient referrals, and medical workflows and reminders, among many other healthcare functions. It has also integrated patient experience with EHR and CRM systems. Together with Business Intelligence, automation and integration can transform raw data into meaningful information to help create actionable insights, build self-service interactive dashboards, and simplify deployment and ongoing administration with a centralized management console. Using PositiveEdge’s solution, healthcare organizations can perform real-time data analysis, improve operational and cost efficiencies, and accelerate decision-making through patient data reports and patient insights.
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help you automate your healthcare organization.